In the 5 minutes i had a look, the following needs to be fixed
- The mandatory Service=WMS parameter is not attached to the online resource which causes some services to fail
- The is no support for layer subgroups as per WMS spec
- You cannot select the preferred image format when requesting (defaults to image/gif .. wheres my png!). Some services seem to pick png … ?
- The overlay never seems to be requested at the current, full extents .. for some reason?
- The [t] i’m assuming stands for transparency ?
- The client, out of courtesy, should always request any exceptions in image if the service supports it
- Generic HTTPS support is still broken for everything, including image overlays
- The client should really be able to interpret the bounding box and set the image overlays to start using the region KML functionality. If the average joe blogs adds a service, it would be for good measure to zoom to the envelope extents of that layer/service.
I know its beta, but truth be told i’m a bit dissapointed with the support. It really seems like the whole WMS feature was just something thrown in quickly, hidden in the depths of the image overlay -> refresh dialog. A lot of the points are very minor changes so i am hopeful the spatial guys at Google recognise the importance of good WMS support.