Cam Shorter just sent me a mail to plug the last minute OSGEO stall that will be appearing at the Linux Conf. Australia open day. The conference coincides nicely with the current work of formalising an Australian OSGEO chapter that Tim Bowden has been pushing locally. So if you’re around Sydney, stop by and say hello … the more interest the better!
Speaking of which, there is still a proposed OSGEO meeting for Perth on the 24th in the City and I hear Tim’s shouting free beers*
We will be demonstrating the stable of quality Open Source Geospatial
applications and talking all things OSGeo related.
Drop by the “Open Source Geospatial Foundation” stand if you are in
Sydney, and forward this email to all your Australia friends.
- Details: http://lca2007.linux.org.au/OpenDay
- Where: Mathews Pavilions (E24) – University of NSW, Kensington
- When: 3pm – 8:00pm Thursday the 18th January, 2007 with *prizes* being announced at 7pm
- Cost: Free
- Food: Dinner and drinks will be available at 6pm
- Freebies: The first 100 registered visitors will receive a *free* bag with goodies! There will also be other giveaways at the stands from information, software and other goodies.