- Tests extended from just TIF and ECW to TIF, ECW, JP2, MrSID, TIF Tiled, TIF Internal Pyramid, TIF External Pyramid
- Platform changed from RHEL to Windows Server 2008 x64
- Increased the threads from 1,10,20,40 to 1,10,20,40,80,150.
- Hardware increased from a 4 core to 8 core server
- Analysed throughput not only by input format, but by output WMS Format as well. 8bit PNG vs 24 bit PNG vs JPEG vs GIF
- Added ERDAS Apollo to the mix along with Mapserver and Geoserver (Deegree and Mapguide was with very limited success … I’ll add these later)
I will endeavour to update the page with new results as there is no question further tuning could be applied. I am not going to comment specifically on the results, as I want to leave the interpretation up to you.
Look out for more performance tests in the coming days..